Becoming an Entrepreneur
Becoming An Entrepreneur
You may have spent the majority of your career working in large and small organizations and reporting to people who don’t do things the way you think they should to maximize the value of the business.
Maybe it’s time to consider becoming an entrepreneur and leading your own business. Shields Meneley Partners can help you discover whether you are suited for buying or building a business. You may think you would be good at it, but we’ll ask the hard questions to see if it’s right decision. We’ll ask…
- Are you used to having access to someone else’s capital?
- How will you feel if the business is strapped for cash and you don’t get a paycheck?
- What is the ROI you project and how long are you willing to wait for it?
- How will you feel when you don’t have “people” and an organizational structure to support you? Are you ready to get your hands dirty?
- Are you excited about getting out with customers to sell your products and services, or are you thinking that “if you build it, they will come?”
Negative answers don’t automatically take this idea off the table, but it does suggest that you need more due diligence about the level of resources – financial and human – you will need to be successful.
Few aspiring entrepreneurs have access to other senior leaders prior to launching a business. That is precisely the benefit of working with our network at Shields Meneley Partners.
What Our Clients Say:
“I was a top financial executive who decided to pursue an entirely new career in furniture design fueled by my international travel. Pursuing a dream is worth any risk. I couldn’t have done it without Shields Meneley Partners.”
—Owner of a Scandinavian Antique Gallery